We are the developer of everviz, a visualization tool made for helping journalists and Content Creators to tell complex stories in a simple way. Our office is located in Bergen city center as we are a member of the Media City cluster.
For our main application, we use technologies such as Node.js, MySQL, and Amazon Web Services. Our backend is hosted through Amazon EC2, whereas our frontend is statically served through Amazon S3. We also use WordPress to handle our blog and additional pages.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be in charge of creating/maintaining our servers.
- Help optimize our backend workflow.
- Write scripts to automate our workflows.
- Help out with our wordpress platform.
- Work with programming languages such as node.js
- Help out with support tickets, also improving the application based on any customer feedback.
- Put out any potential fires that may arise throughout the day to day.
Who you are:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Able to wear different hats to help out throughout the team.
- Enjoy taking a key part in a startup culture.
- Bachelor or master degree in information technology, computer engineer, etc.
- Have an interest or basic skills in backend development.
- Experience with NodeJS/Express API’s
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience with AWS (EC2/Elastic Beanstalk) environment
- Minimum of two years experience.
What we can offer:
- Flexible working hours.
- Relaxed working environment in a modern office setting.
- Workplace: Media City Bergen. Relocation package is not provided.
- Join a great team that wants to work with you
- Central part in the scaleup of a startup.
If you wish to apply for this role, please send us with the following:
- Cover Letter
Contact: [email protected]